In this world, it is easy to forget who I am, but God is very clear on that subject. So, who does God say I am? Here is a small list from the Bible. As you read these truths, remember that Satan’s goal is to have you believe the opposite. Jesus died to forgive us our sins and if we believe in him, THEY ARE FORGIVEN. SO STOP BELIEVING SATAN’S LIES.
- You are the salt of the earth (so bring God’s flavor to all you do) – Matthew 5:13
- You are the light of the world (so shine that light in the darkness) – Matthew 5:14
- I am a child of God (not a child of Satan) – John 1:12
- I am a friend of Christ (who has been tempted by the same things I have…and was victorious…that’s the kind of friend I want to hang around) – John 15:15
- I am redeemed and forgiven (Jesus bought me with his blood and removed my sins from me as far as the east is from the west) – Colossians 1:14
- I am called and chosen by God (how can I feel insignificant when I am called and chosen by God) – John 15:16
- I have been justified (Pastor Roy, a friend of mine used to say, “Justified – Just as if I had never sinned”) – Romans 5:1
- I have been bought with a price. I BELONG TO GOD (that price was Jesus blood as he died on the cross in my place…he took my sin so that I would be clean before God) – 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
- I have been adopted by God (amazing to be loved so much that God would adopt me) – Ephesians 1:5
- I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (here is a TRUTH we NEVER should forget because it tells us the devil is powerless) – 1 John 5:18
- I am a citizen of heaven (we are not of this world folks) – Philippians 3:20
- I cannot be separated from the love of God (WOW…nothing can separate me…not even the devil) – Romans 8:38-39
- I am God’s temple (so honor God with your body for it isn’t your own) – 1 Corinthians 3:16
These are powerful TRUTHS! BELIEVE THEM! The next time you are tempted or feel defeated, know that these are not the things of God. Satan came to steal, kill and destroy. His goal is to make you ineffective in your faith-walk. Don’t let him. When you are tempted, defeated, lonely, discouraged, etc., simply say, “I AM A CHILD OF GOD. You have no authority over me. In the name of Jesus, I command you, Satan, and all your demons to leave my presence. Jesus has already defeated you and I am his.” Remember, Satan cannot stay in the presence of TRUTH. The Bible says in James 4:7, “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” He will try to deceive you, but if you know the TRUTH you won’t be deceived at all. You will recognize the lie and proclaim what God has already done for you through his Son Jesus. This is how we overcome.